Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

O

2 Posts

October 26th, 2008 06:00

Dell XPS M1730 lightup for nighttime....anyway to change the color theme?

Alright so I have this M1730 and I noticed that on the windows media player instead of doing the weird designs and other animations during music or listening to something there is Dell XPS LightFX option. So when you start listening to music or anything all the lighting flashes on and off, and the XPS on the touch pad turns a deep red.

I liked the Red coloration more then the current Light Blue coloration of the XPS and other colors it showed as well. The speakers turned red, and it looked really sweet. But there doesn't seem to be an option anywhere to change the coloration even though this showed its possible. Any idea where the control for the coloration of the nighttime lighting is? Any help is appreciated!

146 Posts

October 26th, 2008 14:00

you use Dell Quickset for dealing with the LED's and other stuff that you can just do anyway without quickset or you can boot up lappy during dell boot logo press F2 or F12 and go into Bios setup

Quickset will allow you flexibility to play with your leds but the bios is a once only change to any of the colors in every part of laptop if you want a fixed color I would use that or if you want flexibility and still have a carnival use quickset.

I dont use quickset or any of the LEDs TBH I like the option that theire there though mostly I leave it OFF.

4.6K Posts

October 26th, 2008 20:00

Accessing QuickSet via the BIOS is one option.

But you can also access QuickSet after the system has booted into Windows, by opening QuickSet > System > Gaming Options > LED Effects ;)

146 Posts

October 26th, 2008 22:00

Is there a eco on this forum?

Its kinda faint But I just heard same thing I posted... weird, must be the wind...

2 Posts

October 27th, 2008 03:00

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help! Now I have a Red XPS touchpad with dark blue speakers!

4.6K Posts

October 27th, 2008 04:00

@X3lectric wrote:

Its kinda faint But I just heard same thing I posted... weird, must be the wind...

???? 

The method you suggest is to access QuickSet is via the BIOS. 

The method I suggest is how to access QuickSet after the system has booted to the desktop.

They're completely different methods, so there's no "eco" (/echo)?

146 Posts

October 27th, 2008 07:00

@TheRealFireblade wrote:

@X3lectric wrote:

???? 

The method you suggest is to access QuickSet is via the BIOS. 

The method I suggest is how to access QuickSet after the system has booted to the desktop.

They're completely different methods, so there's no "eco" (/echo)?

There is no quickset in Bios.

Quickset is windows only as you know

I mentioned both methods.

4.6K Posts

October 27th, 2008 18:00

X3lectric wrote: 

There is no quickset in Bios.

Quickset is windows only as you know

I mentioned both methods.

If it had nothing to do with answering the question, why did you mention the BIOS at all?

It simply confused matters... especially the bit where you said:  “... the bios is a once only change to any of the colors in every part of laptop...”

If that doesn't suggest you can change the LED colours in the BIOS, I don't know what does?

And please point out to me exactly where in the post (repeated below) you mention[ed] accessing QuickSet at the desktop, because I can't see it anywhere myself?

@X3lectric wrote:

you use Dell Quickset for dealing with the LED's and other stuff that you can just do anyway without quickset or you can boot up lappy during dell boot logo press F2 or F12 and go into Bios setup

Quickset will allow you flexibility to play with your leds but the bios is a once only change to any of the colors in every part of laptop if you want a fixed color I would use that or if you want flexibility and still have a carnival use quickset.

I dont use quickset or any of the LEDs TBH I like the option that theire there though mostly I leave it OFF.

Please understand... I have no personal beef with you ;)

It's just that I find it really hard sometimes, to understand the point of what you write in some of your replies?

They often include additional information which doesn't appear to have any bearing on the subject matter?

The opening paragraph - if not everything you said in the post I've quoted above, is a prime example.

I can't see anywhere in the post at all, where you actually tell the OP where/how to change the settings in QuickSet?

And that's why I felt it necessary to do so, in plain, simple, easy to understand narrative ;)

The OP may not want to get involved - which is understandable, but it would've been interesting to know at least, which of our two posts enabled him to find where/how to change the LED lighting ;)

146 Posts

October 27th, 2008 22:00

Get a live

4.6K Posts

October 28th, 2008 02:00

Thanks for the clarification.

I'm now off to find me a live life ;)

No Events found!