Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 9th, 2016 13:00

Dell data Protection software for the finger print reader

can anybody please help me out i am trying to get my fingerprint reader to work the original software does not work anymore this laptop originally came with Windows vista on it i have since installed windows 7 and onto windows 10 the original software is not compatible with windows 10 so it tells me when i try to install i am about to the point to ware i may just sell this thing so i don't have to worry about ti Dell needs to provide updated software for any of the laptops just because it's an older laptop doesn't meen it doesn't function like it should .

79 Posts

June 9th, 2016 14:00

Ia m just going to assume that my laptop doesn't support windows hello it is an older laptop.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

Please look here for instructions on how to use your fingerprint reader with Windows Hello.  If Windows Hello doesn't detect the finger print reader please reply here with the model of your notebook.  I can't promise anything here but it won't hurt to see if there isn't drivers are utilities that you can download that will work. 

TB

79 Posts

I don't see anything called windows hello in  my laptop i see password, Pin,or Picture password and that's it.

79 Posts

June 9th, 2016 16:00

Dell XPS M1330

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 9th, 2016 16:00

Please reply with the model of notebook that you are using, and I will be happy to check to see if there are any Windows 10 drivers available for the fingerprint reader.

TB

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 10th, 2016 11:00

Yeah, Dell did not test the XPS M1330 to work with Windows 10.  For more information here is a document that goes over what Dell system models that have been tested with Windows 10.  I am sorry that I wasn't able to help you here. 

TB

79 Posts

June 10th, 2016 11:00

Oh yeah i have already been on that page of the website the weird thing is i had it working with no problem and after i did i shut it down for the night and when i got up the next day i couldn't login for sme reason with my fingerprint or a password so i had to reinstall windows but after i did that i couldn't get the finger print reader to work again.

No Events found!