Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2012 08:00

Dell inspiron N5110 takes long time to boot

Dear Community, I have a dell inspiron N5110 : core i3,4GB ram I bought it some 20 days ago. At first it was taking about 3 to 5 minutes to boot. But now it takes more than 40 minutes to start only showing the dell screen with a half loaded bar. After starting, if I restart(windows restart) then it boot instantly, but the same problem occurs after I shut down once and turn on again. Please help me....thanks in advance

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2012 09:00

Hi Shemul,

Welcome to the Community,

Though its a new system i suggest you to run the Dell 32 bit hardware diagnostics.This will confirm if the slow boot is due to any hardware issue.

To start the diagnostics,tap F12 on start up (at Dell logo).When the Boot menu appears, highlight the Boot to Utility Partition option, or the Diagnostics option and then press to start the 32-bit Dell Diagnostics.  

Press the key to highlight Test System Press to continue to 32-bit Diagnostics.

Let me know how the test goes and post back any error code/message.

Thank You

Roshan

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

May 9th, 2012 10:00

I would have already contacted Support in case you need to exchange the computer. At least get your case on the books today before the 21st day by calling Support. Posting on this user to user forum doesn't count as contacting support.

3 Posts

May 10th, 2012 02:00

I tried accordingly and the diagnostic shows no hardware problem. After that it worked normally as I shutdown and after 2 minutes turn it on again. But today the problem is happening again. I tried 'safe boot' option but no result. . . .

Can anybody help me out from this problem !!

4.4K Posts

May 10th, 2012 03:00

Hi Shemul,

Since the  Hardware diagnostics passed without any error the problem could be software related. Have you added or installed any new software to your system after receiving the system ?

You can try restoring your system back to the factory settings and see if that helps.if you have saved any important files on the system make sure you back it up before you perform PC restore to set the system back to factory settings.

For help to perform PC Restore use the link below:

http://dell.to/K1pk1c

Let me know if this helps.

Thank You

Roshan

No Events found!