Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2017 10:00

Dell latitude e6410 won't boot up

When I press the start button, it shows me the dell logo, then the screen goes blank and if I press any button (except caps lock ctrl fn) it beeps. Any suggestions?

2K Posts

March 26th, 2017 12:00

Hi GABI7887,

What is the exact # of beeps encountered? 

The exact # of beeps in a cycle will help isolate the source of the issue - kindly review this article - http://dell.to/1IuETMX

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then test the system with the adapter only / battery only.

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 26th, 2017 12:00

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules and try powering up again.

If you get the same beeps, we'll need to know the pattern - 1 pause 1, 2 pause 2, 3 pause 3, etc.

No Events found!