Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2010 10:00

Dell studio 1558 webcam driver and webcam manager

Hello.

To put shortly my problem comes from the webcam driver for my integrated webcam. I bought my studio notebook about a month ago I think and recently tried to set up my webcam for usage. Today I installed Dell webcam manager but when I load it instead of turning my camera on it shows me this message: No support webcam driver detected.

I have tried to find a driver Dell driver download site but found nothing related to webcams, webcam manager isn't there either I found on some forum by searching.

Of course the webcam works when I use skype videocalls...

1 Message

August 11th, 2012 21:00

go to my dell downloads at     smartsource.dell.com/.../main.aspx  , there you'll find the software that was installed on your system

1 Message

October 9th, 2013 15:00

I have a Studio 1558 and no there isn't a driver to be found on Dell,com,  Why would dell not provide the driver or information on how to obtain one.  I have to do searches for the driver.  Come on Dell do your job

1.5K Posts

October 10th, 2013 00:00

Hi bwhuot,

There is no separate drivers required the webcam. You may install the application for ‘Dell Webcam Central’ from the link below:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe .

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further assistance. 

No Events found!