Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2014 07:00

Dell studio xps 1557 overheating....

I would like to ask if Dell has any recommendations for the overheating issues with Dell xps 1557. Before my warranty went off i had to change my HDD because of the overheating. I used my laptop alwas with a cooling base still i didn't avoid overheating. When the warranty went out i had to go to a service because a chip went out because of overheating...I would appreciate some help if there is,,

July 19th, 2014 11:00

I guess the laptop is more than one year old. Hence, the chances are the heatsink through which air flow out is filled with dust particles. Cleaning the heatsink usually solve the issue. This can be done using a blower or a vacuum cleaner (both made exclusively for cleaning computers; normal blowers or vacuum cleaners are more powered and also they can affect the components through static discharge).

July 19th, 2014 13:00

You can try replacing the thermal paste under the cooling pipes contact area.

If that too fails, the cooling system needs to be replaced.

July 19th, 2014 13:00

I did all that, i have the machine since 2010 and since the beggining i'm having problems. To be honest i wo't buy another Dell machine ever again because the error in design is making me problems and Dell should provide an adequate solution .

No Events found!