Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2012 19:00

Dell, where is my Microsoft Office

my laptop had an error that forced me to reinstall windows 7.  i contacted dell because i was still under warranty.  i only had 3 days left.  they sent me the reinstall Windows CD and i received it on the last day of my warranty (yesterday).  i was instructed to delete my partitions to reinstall by the technican.  so i lost everything.  we started the install and the tech informed me someone would call me back in an hour.  well, i never received that phone call.  so i called them back today to finish installing the drivers and what not.  i asked about my factory installed software.  the tech had no answer for me besides going to my downloads in my dell account.  well, the microsoft office software is not there.  where is it?  i never recieved a software cd for office.   

4.4K Posts

February 1st, 2012 20:00

Microsoft Office Product Key Solution
support.microsoft.com/.../survey.aspx

4.4K Posts

February 1st, 2012 20:00

If it was a full version of Office, you should have received an install disc for MS Office.  You may be able to contact Dell and see if they will send the disc to you.  I'm not sure they will but it may be worth a try.

If it was the Starter version, you can download it for free.

Click Here to download MS Office Starter 2010

• 

16.7K Posts

February 2nd, 2012 07:00

scameron78,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

What version of Office did you purchase at point of sale?

A Microsoft Product Identifier (MPI) card shall be shipped when the customer orders the Office suite.

The MPI card is used in the fulfillment of the Office 2010 whereby -

A full single Office 2010 image is loaded during factory-installation.

Users who purchase one of the 3 Office 2010 upsells will receive the MPI card separately that contains the activation key which will unlock the appropriate modules from the factory-installed image.

Example : A customer who has purchased Home & Student will get his office suite on entering the Product key found on the MPI Card.

Customers who did not purchase any upsell at the time of placing the order can download the Office 2010 trial version from Microsoft Home page.

Do not lose your MPI Card/Product Key.

Keep the packaging, or write the number down and keep it in a safe place.

When customer is converting from a trial version to a full version of Microsoft Office, they must use the product key from the full version to convert it.

Get a Backup Copy of Office 2010

19 Posts

February 2nd, 2012 12:00

I a the same kind of issue when I recieved my lattop. I never got my disc for my webcam, also not on my Dell downloads. So Dell sent me the disc,

4.4K Posts

February 2nd, 2012 18:00

The Office suite will not be on the My Downloads.

4 Posts

February 3rd, 2012 13:00

i believe i got the student home version.  i am currently looking for my information.

1 Message

December 18th, 2012 14:00

Thank you for that link, Jesse L!! I finally stumbled on this thread after over 45 minutes of searching to find out where I should go to redownload my Microsoft Office after my hard drive failed and I had to replace it. I had my activation key, but couldn't figure out for the life of me where to go to download the software without repurchasing it again.

No Events found!