Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2013 17:00

Dell xps 15z does not turn on

My laptop xps 15z suddenly shutdown and it does not wabt to open up again and when i try to put the plug of the charger into it the amall bulb of the charger hoes off help me please

thanks in advance

3 Posts

My laptop is dell xps 15z how could i remove its battery ??

3.3K Posts

Hi Marwanoz,

May I know the status of Power button LED?

I recommend you to remove the battery and disconnect the adapter, press and hold the power button for few seconds and release to drain the flea power .Now put back the battery and connect the adapter and power on the computer.

Refer the following link for more troubleshooting steps:

http://dell.to/18PZZjp

Awaiting your response!

22 Posts

The computer is shorting out the power supply, that is why the light on the power supply goes off. The problem is most probably either the motherboard or the DC(power) jack.

Check if your battery has any charge:

-if it does and the laptop has no signs of life then chances are the motherboard is dead

-if it does not then probably it is just the DC jack that is faulty. On XPS 15z the DC jack is separate form the motherboard and it should not cost too much to replace.

Also take a closer look at the DC jack for any damage.

3 Posts

the power button LED is off everything is off what should I do ?

thanks in advance

3.3K Posts

September 20th, 2013 11:00

Hi Marwanoz,

This is an issue with the DC port on the computer. We need to replace the DC port/Motherboard.

If the computer has active warranty I shall go ahead and arrange for a service to replace the part.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/10pMa86

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Send Private message.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!