Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2012 07:00

Determining Dell Latitude d630 Motherboard

Hi,

So basically my computer won't turn on and I'm 99% sure it's the motherboard. I want to buy a replacement one, the only problem is i have no way of determining what kind of motherboard I have. Does anyone know a way of determine your motherboard type on a dead computer? Thanks

4.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 18:00

To get the correct motherboard, you will need to know if you have a D630 or D630c and what video card and chipset.

D630 specs

• Chipset Intel® 965GM or 965PM
  • Video - integrated Mobile Intel® GMA X3100 or NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 135M

D630c specs

• Chipset Intel® 965PM with ICH8M-Enhanced supporting Intel® Active Management Technology version 2.6
  • NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 135M

http://www.parts-people.com has them in stock.

2 Posts

November 10th, 2013 11:00

If you know the make and model of your computer, just do a Google search and select the motherboard you want, with the specs you want. For example: search for: motherboard for dell latitude d630.

There is often more than one motherboard for your computer make and model, and each has its own specs. Find the price you want and the specs you want, then order it. That's how I got the motherboard for mine. Like you, I didn't know how to identify the exact motherboard for my dell, but I know the make and model. I hope this helps

No Events found!