Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SB

July 26th, 2017 03:00

Disable Maxx Audio, while keeping audio jack functional

Hello

I have XPS 9560.

I am not happy with how Maxx Audio amplifies my speakers - it seems to overamplify them and then they resonate with the chasis, producing an annoying distortion every time I watch a movie or a tv show. I turned off Maxx Audio profile and it didn't help.

I then disabled Maxx Audio service and service application in startup, and the sound is now good, however, now when I plug in my speakers into the headphone jack, the audio is no longer routed, and the laptop always outputs  audio through internal speakers. Also, that annoying audio switching popup no longer shows up.

So - how to disable Maxx Audio, while keeping audio routing functional?

PS. I would appreciate not to be asked questions like is my Windows updated, are my drivers up to date etc. Support engineers should already be aware of this problem given how well documented it is.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 26th, 2017 09:00

serge b,

Unfortunately, after looking at the software, I cannot find anyway of disabling  Maxx Audio, while keeping audio routing functional. Have you tried changing the default format in the Maxx Audio Settings? 

7 Posts

July 27th, 2017 05:00

Hi, yes, I've put all amplifiers to zero - that didn't help,  I was still getting distortion, and when I switch off the profile, the sound gets increadibly weak, like it's on 20% of total volume.. I tried removing the driver and using Windows default one, but it just gets updated every time and it's the same

No Events found!