Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2010 11:00

Disable/enable touchpad on Inspiron 1720

I've tried to disable the touchpad on my Inspiron 1720 without success. I downloaded Synaptic but got a message it cannot connect to the touchpad, I've read the manuals and read blogs, etc. I've gone through the control panel but I have no options or tabs for touchpads under Mouse, or any other link.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 10th, 2010 02:00

1fred2,

Go to Drivers & Downloads, enter your service tag and look under applications. There is a driver there for the touchpad. Install the drivers..

Click on the little touchpad, near the clock.  Click on driver select/button settings. A screen should come up that looks like this.

You can disable the buttons and the touchpad when an external usb mouse is present.

Rick

November 21st, 2010 14:00

1fred2,

Go to Drivers & Downloads, enter your service tag and look under applications. There is a driver there for the touchpad. Install the drivers..

Click on the little touchpad, near the clock. Click on driver select/button settings. A screen should come up that looks like this.

You can disable the buttons and the touchpad when an external usb mouse is present.

Rick

Now I understand more about it, It's helpful to me, Thanks for your sharing! It's comprehensive.
No Events found!