After numerous attempts i have finally figured out how to get rid of this darn message on my Dell XPS (Shame on you Dell for having such a annoying bug!!!). Here it goes:
1. Wait for the message to pop up
2. Open up 'Start Task manager' (Ctrl/Alt/Del)
3. Under the processes tab (should be defaulted to that) scroll all the way down or look for a file name called "Toaster.exe *32". The description should say "Dell DataSafe Local Backup"
4. Right click the file name
5. You can either select "End Process" which will turn the message off until the next time you log back in to your laptop. To permanently get rid of it carry on reading...
6. Select "Open File Location" instead of "End Process"
7. A new window will open and it should automatically highlight a file name called "Toaster"
8. Locate the file name "ToasterLauncher" which should be somewhere underneath the file "Toaster".
9. Finallyyyy Right Click the file and ENJOY pressing "DELETE" [If you want, you can delete all the "Toaster..." files]
10. Celebrate with some Capri Sun Orange Juice drink! (My favourite!)
11. You MAY NEED TO RESTART your laptop/pc to put it into effect!
12. If it works for you please spread this instruction around all forums so others can benefit! Free of charge!
Hope it helps folks. Let me know how it worked for you!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Aziz, your answer worked wonderfully! I had tried uninstalling the application and also stopping the service in MSCONFIG with either solution not working, the first because an error kept coming up when trying to uninstall. And stopping the service did not stop the pop-ups from appearing. Your solution did it!
One note on your instructions. For anyone wanting to delete the Toaster Launcher executable, you first have to stop the process as you noted on step 5, and THEN delete this file.
My wife is one happy person now that the annoying pop-up is gone. FOREVER!
Awesome work Aziz!!! I worked on this issue for for about 4 hours and could not figure it out, that's until I found your fix. Thanks so much!!!
Thats Awesome! I'm glad it worked for you all.
It got me so frustrated, so much that i was ready to return my xps because of this "spam" like feature.
Thank You!! I was at my wits end. It started coming up every 15seconds and I couldn't get anything done on my laptop. Hopefully someone at Dell is looking at these posts and notes that YOUR POP UP IS TERRIBLE.....it makes me want to use your products less. Thank you Aziz your fyour answer
Is "I love you" too strong? I was going crazy. I'm not exactly computer savvy but your directions were so clear that even I could understand them. Thanks so much
I have tried this and I get the message action can't be done at this time because the Dell data back up is open and needs to close... I close and try again and same thing ;(