Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2013 12:00

Disk read Error on startup

Hello everyone i have one Dell Inspiron N5110 i7 and it is too slow. When i do the dell diagnostic i saw that the read on the Hard Disk it's failed. Then i went to my  computer on the local disk, then on properties and on tools i put the bottom check now to make sure that dell diagnostic it's true. When checked running the computer say error and it's not start windows again. It said the message Disk read error Cntl+alt+del to reset. 

Also i do a diagnostic from the  F12 on dell and it said that Hard Disk error. 

My question is that some guys said to me that it's a problem from the graphic card and that blocked the Hard Disk, now i want replace my hard Disk or the graphic card????

Also when started the laptop have 5 Beebs on a row and i searched it and that it's a cmos battery failure and i have the laptop lower that a year.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

May 31st, 2013 13:00

Hi Dimitris2434,

The 5 beep code indicates CMOS battery failure; Try releasing the static power and check if the system is working. Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power. In case the problem persists you may have to replace the motherboard. Also please back up all the files and folders in the system.

33 Posts

May 31st, 2013 17:00

Why the motherboard ???The system said disk read error occurect can you explain me to undestard thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 31st, 2013 18:00

If it's less than a year old, it's covered under warranty - contact Dell for a replacement hard drive (and mainboard, if that turns out to be faulty as well).

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 18:00

Hi Dimitris2434,

When the CMOS battery is failed it will be replaced only by a field technician, for the disk error message please run the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed. Start tapping the F12 key a few times during startup until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the hardware diagnostics.

If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/11anjVV

Let us know about the progress.

No Events found!