Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

101 Posts

February 8th, 2005 02:00

Drivers for a C610:

I bought a lattitude from Dell Auction. I recieved a reinstall CD and that was it . I  got to thinking I should make a driver CD for all my drivers. Hows the best way to go about this? Also what else do I need to make so I can do a successful reinstall of XP ?
          Thank You   Malron

101 Posts

February 8th, 2005 03:00

Thank you very much Flooby I appreciate the links and Advice very much . I did make a copy of original system configuration .  I checked out all the links you gave me .  Again Thank you very much . 

Malron

3K Posts

February 8th, 2005 03:00

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P3C_C610&category=0&os=WW1&osl=EN  This should get you to a page with all available downloads for the Lat C610/Windows XP combination.  From there, it's just a matter of determining which devices are installed on your particular system, then downloading the approrpiate drivers and utilities, and saving them to a CD.

If you click on the Product Support button (above left) and enter your Service Tag ID for the system (it should be on a label on the bottom of the system, as well as on the first screen of System Setup, assuming the system board wasn't replaced at some point), you can then click on the Original System Configuration link on the left side of the page.  That will show you how the system was originally shipped, and identify certain components and part numbers for you.  The Current Configuration link will detail the system as it is now, and allow you to see whether any significant changes have been made to the hardware.

I'd also recommend downloading and saving the documentation for that model, which you can obtain here:

If you create 2 folders on the desktop (call them "C610 User" and "C610 Service"), you can unzip the HTML downloads of the User Guide and Service Manual to those, and save the folders to the CD, along with your drivers and utilities downloads.  The User Guide will consist of a single .chm Help file, while the Service Manual will have 73 files, with the Index HTML file being the one you'll want to start with.  From there, you can review the rest of the Service Manual in an orderly fashion.

One other page you might want to review is the Reinstall Guide link for the C610.  That details the procedure for reinstalling the operating system, drivers and utilities for your system.

I use this procedure with any new system, and it's worked quite well for me.  If I'm doing some work on someone else's PC, I'll put all the above files/documents on a CD, along with a copy of my Favorties folders for their operating system/system model in .htm form, and a few of the more popular downloads that I install on all of my systems, like Irfan View, EyeDropper, a couple of malware removal tools, and some of the essential MS Office viewers.
No Events found!