Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 11th, 2011 04:00

Dvd does not eject

Hi, My DVD is stuck inside the laptop. if i press the eject button - it will try, but fails. have tried via explorer - right click eject, but that does not work too. Any suggestions please. Model - Studio Laptop 1458. operating system - windows 7.

13 Posts

June 11th, 2011 11:00

There is normally a small hole in the vicinity of the dvd aperture, try pushing a paper clip inside this hole and your DVD should eject.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 13th, 2011 16:00

Simkis

I am sorry to read that you are having this problem with the optical drive. The optical drives on a Studio 1458 are a fixed slot drive and unfortunately will not have a manual eject hole as Roonaghferry mentioned.  Typically, you would have to replace the optical drive.  This requires removing the palmrest from the system so it is something of a task to be able to remove the drive.  For more information here is the service manual for removing the optical drive.

support.dell.com/.../odd.htm

If you wish you can send me a private message with the service tag, your shipping and email address and phone number and I will check for service options.  They will be limited if the system is out of warranty.

TB

No Events found!