Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 25th, 2012 07:00

E6410 - Upgrade BIOS to A13 and works slowly + not right usb ports

Hello people!

I run the BIOS upgrade / update to the version A13 on my Dell Latitude E6410 and after that I found this problems:

. the bios logo on startup takes about to 10 seconds to load (and sometimes freeze and need to restart the machine)

. the boot menu (F12) takes 4 o 5 minutes to load

. the startup of Windows 7 64bits - SP1 takes more than 1 minute to load and some apps works slowly

. the 2 usb ports on the right side doesnt work after the upgrade

Some idea or solution? Can return to other version of BIOS (I think that the previous version was A08 or A09)?

Thanks in advice!

Best wishes from Argentina,

Gabriel

943 Posts

November 26th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the community.

Please follow the below mentioned steps that might help you:

1)     Boot in safe mode and check the functionality of the machine.

2)     If system works fine in safe mode then edit start up and then check if the system is booting fast in normal mode, if so, then it can be an issue with some application / Software installed on the system.

3)     If it’s not working fine in Safe Mode or Editing Startup doesn’t help Run diagnosis, to run dell diagnostics, Turn on the system, press at the initial Dell logo screen, and select Diagnostics from the boot menu.

In order to fix the slow booting problem follow the below mentioned steps:

1)     Disconnect all external devices that are connected to the machine and reboot to check if any external device is causing the issue.            

2)     Plug in the devices one by one to check which of the devices is causing the delay.

3)     Disable the USB boot option from the BIOS; ensure the hard drive is the 1st boot device.

4)     Update latest version of system BIOS from the below mentioned link: 

http://dell.to/TdRO9w 

Please reply if you have any further questions. 

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

1 Message

December 14th, 2014 23:00

Latitude E6410  very slow star tup  laggy dell logo . did every thing rest bios for one hour installed new bios unchecked all ports the problem was on USB port pin was short with ground

943 Posts

January 28th, 2013 13:00

Hi GaboobaG

Glad to know that.:emotion-1:

Please reply me if you need any further help.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

January 28th, 2013 13:00

I follow thats step and solved my problem... I continue withou USB ports on the right side, but now the machine and windows starts perfectly :)

Thank you very much!

Regards!

3 Posts

January 28th, 2013 16:00

I follow thats step and solved my problem... I continue withou USB ports on the right side, but now the machine and windows starts perfectly :)

Thank you very much!

Regards!

7 Posts

January 28th, 2017 16:00

Hat the same problem like the thread owner. In my case it was also caused by an USB pin which was short with ground! Thanks and thumbs up for this solution I did not thought about.

No Events found!