Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2011 15:00

E6420 reinstall: No drivers for Broadcom USH, PCI Serial Port and Unknown Device

I just installed a new hard drive in my Latitude E642. I have installed drivers for all of the hardware in the machine but still have problems with three components listed in Device Manager. Braodcom USH, PCI Serial Port and an "Unknown device". There are no devices by these names in the Dell Downloads for the 6420. Can someone help me identify the drivers I need to download and install? Thanks!

2 Posts

February 16th, 2012 12:00

DELL_CONTROLVAULT-WINDOWS-BI_A00_R308326  is the driver for broadcom USH

don't know PCI serial Port

1 Message

February 29th, 2012 07:00

PCI Serial Port for the Dell Latitude E6420

Once installed it shows up as Intel Active Management Technology - SOL in the Device Manager.

Link for the driver for this device:

Intel Unified AMT 7 Management Interface Driver - 

Once you've run the .exe file it might not install it for you automatically.  I had to go into Device Manager and tell it to update the driver then manually point it to the \Drivers\Dell\R311171 folder.  Once I did that then it picked it up.

117 Posts

February 18th, 2012 02:00

So you need the Dell Data Protection collection and the ST MicroElectronics Free Fall Sensor .  And for the Dell Data protection bit you need the driver pack and the middleware.  If you still have the PCI serial port let me know :)

1 Message

July 29th, 2014 18:00

This was the correct answer. All others posts were incorrect.
No Events found!