Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2014 08:00

Factory settings restore (Inspiron 1545)

Hi, I'm trying to perform a  ``Restore to factory settings`` on my Inspiron 1545 laptop. I followed the procedure by tapping F8 when the Dell logo appears at startup which brings me to the Advanced boot options menu but then when I choose Repair your Computer it just loads Windows as normal instead of opening the System Recovery options menu???  Does anyone have any insight on this?  Thanks

OS is Windows 7

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 29th, 2014 23:00

Hi Pudgy990,

You can boot into the recovery option screen using Window 7 operating system disc. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.
  2. Restart your computer using the computer's power button.
  3. When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear.
  4. On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
  5. If you are using the Windows installation disc or USB flash drive, click Repair your computer.
  6. Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next.
  7. On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.
  8. Check if you find the Dell PC restore option.

2 Posts

October 30th, 2014 13:00

Hi Ravi, I have neither of the 3 items mentionned in line 1. Is there any way to get a Windows 7 installation disc? Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 1st, 2014 03:00

Hi Pudgy990,

Please private message us with the following registered owner details so that I can check and assist you further.

1. System Service tag
  2. Name
  3. Shipping address
  4. Primary Phone.
  5. Alternate phone Number.
  6. Date of purchase.
  7. Retailer name

Please reply with the details.

No Events found!