Highlighted

Graphics card driver for Windows 8

Jump to solution

Good afternoon.

I have a Vostro 3450, with Windows 8 installed. As you may know, its internal graphic card is a Intel HD 3000.

But I would like to start using the AMD one also. Which seems to not be detected by Windows 8 here.

I remember last time I tried to install the graphic driver available in Support for my service tag, I had to reinstall (repair) my OS, because it wouldn't inicialize (due to driver issues).

I also saw your last graphic driver is dated to 25 Oct. But Windows 8 was officially launched on the 26th, wasn't it?

So, my question is, will I have problems with Dell driver for Video, version 9.000.0.0000, A00, released on 25th of Oct, in your Driver Downloads page?
Does it fully support Windows 8?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Graphics card driver for Windows 8

Jump to solution

Hi carlosmatheus,

Even though Windows 8 was officially launched on October 26 2012, it was given to computer manufactures in August 2012 for testing purpose. Hence Windows 8 drivers were released in Dell support site even before the Windows 8 was officially launched. Please use the link below to download the Dell AMD HD 7650 driver.

http://dell.to/Y8Ye09

I hope you find this useful.         

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

speedstep
Diamond

Jump to solution

Installing the AMD Driver will NOT put an AMD Graphics card into your Laptop.

This hardware is OPTIONAL not standard.

As are the AMD AMD Radeon HD 6630M (Whistler-LP), AMD Radeon HD6470M (ATI Vancouver Video)

AMD Radeon HD HD7650 (WhistlerLP); AMD Radeon HD7450 (SeymourXT)

Systems

Inspiron N4110

Inspiron N4120

Vostro Notebook 3450

Operating Systems

Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit

Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit

Video_AMD_W8_A00_Setup-6HYYP_ZPE.exe

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Video_AMD_W8_A00_Setup-6HYYP_ZPE.exe

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here
I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.
The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answers.

Yes, drivers don't put anything inside the laptop.

I tried the Downloads page from Dell for AMD driver and I had to reinstall Windows afterwards. Maybe I used the wrong version of the driver.

I'll try now this new one, from the 25th of Oct.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It worked.

I'm pretty such the mistake was that I was using the original drivers CD from Dell for installing drivers for Windows 8 (not launched when I bought this laptop).

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi carlosmatheus,

I am glad that it worked; in case of any further assistance please do reply.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos