Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

January 18th, 2009 12:00

Graphics driver (Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family)

Hi

When I look for drivers on the Dell site I can only find version 7.14. Intel however already offers version 15.(something). the problem is that I can't install their versions as the laptop only accepts dell drivers. Does anyone know a way around this as it doesn't look like Dell is going to anything about updating driver versions?

4.6K Posts

January 19th, 2009 13:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

I'm afraid the lack of driver updates, is something we all just have to accept/put up with :emotion-6:

In fairness to Dell however, it's not always their fault.  They can only put up newer drivers, if they're provided with newer drivers to work with by manufacturers.

3.6K Posts

January 19th, 2009 16:00

samand902,

Hello,i helped 2 users install intells driver a couple months ago.First,uninstall the driver you have now,thru device manager and programs and features.DO NOT re-boot yet(i know it says to re-boot but do not).Go to intells site and download and install there driver.Once installed you can re-boot.When system starts up the driver will be installed.Make sure you also install there diagnostic utility tool as dells broadcom utility will not work with intells driver.

No Events found!