Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2012 00:00

HDMI out not working on N5110 laptop

I used to be able to connect my Inspiron N5110 to my 40-inch TV using the HDMI port, but it has not worked for several months.  In that time, I have tried:

- purchasing a different HDMI cable

- upgrading to the latest Intel HD 3000 graphics driver from the Dell website (I also tried the driver from the Intel website)

- updating to the latest BIOS driver.

None of these things have helped.  In all these cases, when I go to the graphic properties, the TV is not shown as an option at all.

Any additional suggestions?  What are the chances that it is simply broken -- and if so, has anyone successfully been able to repair the HDMI port?  Is that even possible?

Thanks

November 7th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

The N5110 was designed with optimus/switchable graphics option.  Please check and confirm if the system has NVidia or ATI card apart from the Intel video card. Based on that, you have to update the driver for that card as well.  You may connect a VGA cable or try the display port and check if you are getting the display on an external display.

I hope this helps. Please do write back in case you have any other questions.

November 7th, 2012 22:00

How do I check for this?  When I go to the Device Manager, under the Display Adapter category, it only shows the Intel HD Graphics 3000.  Should I be seeing a second item on that list?  Otherwise, how do i look for the NVidia or ATI card?  Thanks.

November 8th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

To help you with this further I would request you to send a private message to me with service tag of your system. I have sent a friend request to you, please accept the request and reply with the service tag. I can check the system configuration and get back to you.

November 17th, 2012 14:00

I think I sent you a private message with my service tag.  Please let me know if you didn't receive it and I'll try again.  Thanks

1 Message

November 18th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

The same problem is valid for my n5110. I updated all my graphics drivers (including nvidia), i can see "Samsung"  as my second screen on my pc but i can't receive a signal from my 46 inch Samsung smarttv. I also formatted my pc, tried another hdmi cable.

Could you please help me with this problem? I can also send you my service tag.

Thanks

1 Message

March 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi,

am having the same issue as above.

I have updated drivers etc but still no joy with my HDMI connection..

Could you help if I messaged my Service Tag number?

Thanks,

James A

April 25th, 2013 07:00

I have the same problem with smart tv Samsung 32, all drivers are updated. But my tv just show, "No signal".

1 Message

June 19th, 2013 06:00

Exactly the same problem, worked fine till Apil 2013 and now it doesn't.

1.3K Posts

June 21st, 2013 13:00

Hi juanochoa,

What is the operating system? Have you tried another TV on the same HDMI port? Try the below steps if the operating system is Windows 7 and Keep us posted on the outcome. Also try Windows key plus “P”

• Right click on desktop and select "Personalize".
• Click on "Display".
• You should see "connect to a projector" on the left.
• Select it then select duplicate.

June 21st, 2013 17:00

Harish, I have tried this on my Windows 7 Dell and the TV acts as if nothing at all is connected on the HDMI.

Todd

1.3K Posts

June 24th, 2013 13:00

Hi juanochoa,

Have you tried another TV on the same HDMI port and also another laptop to your TV?

No Events found!