Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

A

1 Message

March 22nd, 2008 23:00

Have Inspiron 6000 ~ Device Manager has shows (other) with yellow question marks.. Can't get on internet.. Help

Have Dell Inspiron 6000.  Had to reformat.  Just had windows xp cd.  Got drivers from dell online via my desktop.  But can't get online thru wireless.. .not even sure I have one.. new at this.  Went to device manager and everything is working except all listed under Other..This is the list: ethernet controller, Network controller, pci device, video controller, video controller(vga compatible)..I dont know what else i need.. drivers? says code 28?  sigh.. please help.. ty
Message Edited by Angelslight on 03-22-2008 07:45 PM

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 23rd, 2008 00:00

You need to install, in order:

XP, with SP2

The notebook system software

The chipset driver

THEN

Install the video, audio, wired ethernet, touchpad, modem, wireless, etc. drivers.

If you want to reload Media Direct, leave 2G unpartitioned space when you load the system with XP, and then install Media Direct from the Media Direct CD.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 21st, 2012 16:00

support.dell.com.  Enter your service tag or choose the model from the list.

1 Message

June 21st, 2012 16:00

I know, I know.  I'm sorry for rehashing an OLD thread:emotion-9: but...  So my father refuses to break down and buy a new laptop and insists on using the old Inspiron 6000 from like 1999 or something like that.  He just had to replace the Hard drive and he is having the same problems listed above.  I understand that I have to reinstall everything in the order that its listed above but now the question becomes where do I find these Drivers.  I GOOGLED it and came across this thread and that's the only place I can find.  Any help would certainly be appreciated!

No Events found!