Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2015 21:00

Help! Dell Inspiron 1545 Windows 7 Pro 64bit clean install freeze

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 that originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Recently the hard drive failed and I just replaced it with a compatible model. The laptop had no recovery partition and the original install discs were loss. I purchased Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with SP1 and put it on a bootable USB. The install goes perfectly until the "completing installation" step at the end. Rather than the words changing to bold and seeing the three dots animated as to progress it does nothing. The hard drive is recognized with appropriate storage size but it will not complete installation and does not restart during previous steps. If I turn it off and back on and let it attempt to boot the OS it says it needs to be reinstalled, if I let it boot to USB again and attempt repair it asks me to identify the drivers. I chose the correct folder only for it to say drivers were not found. The ISO was burned correctly and I have installed with two different programs to be certain. I'm stuck, help!

No Responses!
No Events found!