Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2010 16:00

Help with Inspiron 910 mini

My brother brought me his Dell Inspiron 910 mini model PP39S to fix. It has windows XP!

It loads the dell screen and I can get into options and setup and run diagnostics, and it also loads the windows screen, but as soon as the windows screen disappears it goes black and gives me the following errors:

Winlogon.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\ WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

I press ok and it gives the same error again and then this error:

User Interface Failure

The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load

Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the orignal DLL.

"Restart"

I have run all the diagnostics in options all passed except when I got to the hardrive read test and got this error:

Error Code 0F00:0248

Msg: Disk _ 0-Block 6080029 (I got several of the same error with different #'s)

It also said "Drive did not complete Command Update Firmware"

I have tried booting from the last known good configuration and I also tried booting in safe mode but I always get the first errors I mention above and then it tells me to restart. I know from reading the mini does not have any restore option built in. And I have searched the dell site for several hours trying to find out how to fix but with little success.

I am thinking it might be a virus or malware since it loads the dell and windows screen, but I haven't found any info on what it could be from the error messages it's given me?

Thanks Any help would really be appreciated

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 15th, 2010 16:00

The system has a faulty hard drive, which is what's causing the other errors.  Replace the drive and reload Windows, and all will be well again.

2 Posts

May 16th, 2010 23:00

Thanks for the help

No Events found!