Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

12 Posts

March 5th, 2007 10:00

How do I change screen brightness?

Some months ago I was browsing somewhere among the menus of my Inspiron 1200  (XP Home with SP2), and I found a setting for changing screen brightness to save battery power, in 10% increments. I dimmed it a few stops, and tried it for a while.

I finally decided that the screen is now too dim, so I tried to set it back to where it was. But I can't find a brightness setting anywhere. Where did it go?

I looked, of course, in Control Panel, under Power Options and under Display. There is nothing under any of the tabs in either of those locations. Where did I leave that switch?

DK

2.2K Posts

March 6th, 2007 21:00

DK,

There are three ways to change the screen brightness.

The Dell Quickset Utility - this should appear as an icon in your system tray, or you should find it on the Programs list.  One of the settings is for screen brightness.

Keyboard Controls - on your system, it should be FN+F8/F9 (on other systems, Fn+Up Arrow/Dn Arrow)

BIOS - hit F2 during boot and you should be able to adjust the brightness under the Video heading.  There is one setting for battery power, and another for AC power.

No Events found!