Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

October 13th, 2008 00:00

How to Enable Inspiron HDMI

I recently picked up an Inspiron 1525 and I'm now trying to use the HDMI port. I've plugged an HDMI cable into my Notebook and the HDMI port of a monitor. I've also gone to the Display Settings, enables dual display via the HDMI port. Everything appears setup as it should only there's no video on the HDMI display (The display does have a few input options so I have chosen the HDMI input via its menu).

I've disconnected the cable from one HDMI display and into another. Still no display. It appears there is no signal out of the 1525.

I've tried viewing the manuals for the 1525 from Dell's manual download page but they automatically unload from Adobe Acrobat about 10 seconds after I load them.

Am I missing something here? Is this typical with the 1525? (Intel Graphics adapter.)

FWIW, I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks!

984 Posts

October 13th, 2008 06:00

Switch off both the Inspiron 1525 and the monitor and leave both off for at least 5  minutes. Connect the HDMI to HDMI cable to the laptop and the monitor. Turn on the monitor and make sure the HDMI input is selected. Boot up the laptop.

When you start the computer with an external device attached (such as an

external monitor or projector) and turned on, the image may appear on either

the computer display or the external device.

Press to switch the video image between the display only, the

external device only, or the display and the external device simultaneously.

No Events found!