Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2009 13:00

How to get battery replacement under warranty program?

I have the battery replacement warranty for my work laptop. It is down to about 30 minutes of life before needing a recharge. How can I get this replaced. I called tech support and customer care was closed (?) at 3-something on a weekday. Couldn't find any place to submit this online. What do I need to do? I have all of the battery info.

Thanks,

Jeff

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 15th, 2009 14:00

Contact Dell Support. Use Chat if you are in the US.

4 Posts

December 15th, 2009 14:00

Where do I go to chat about this? I found one chat link here, entered my service tag and then it said I can't chat about that product. It is just a laptop w/ battery warranty.

4 Posts

December 15th, 2009 15:00

United States. 20 minutes away from Dell in Austin, TX.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 15th, 2009 15:00

Where (what country) are you in?

4 Posts

December 16th, 2009 08:00

We'll...a replacement battery is on the way. And it only took 1 1/2 hours on the phone while being transferred FOUR times and asked for my service tag FOUR times. You'd think things would be a little more streamlined, especially in the case of a specific request (i.e. "My battery only has 30 minutes of battery life. It is only 6 months old. AND we purchased the battery replacement warranty for the system."

193 Posts

November 17th, 2012 09:00

By the way, with the hardware warranty, that includes the battery for the first year.  If you bought the extended battery warranty, that gives you ONE battery replacement over the life of the system.

No Events found!