Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

August 14th, 2008 02:00

How to know brand new or refurbished?

Who can tell me: how to check the Dell laptop is brand new or refurbished?

Thanks

4.6K Posts

Welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

It depends where you intend buying/bought it from? 
If it's direct from Dell, it's brand new.  If it's from a high street store, it'll be brand new.  If it's from anywhere else - i.e. Dell Outlet/Ebay etc, it'll be a refurbished unit.

I don't know how you'd check, if you've already bought the laptop... other than it should've been mentioned somewhere in the description (prior to you purchasing it) whether it was a brand new or refurbished unit?

Type in the Service Tag here (US): http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/details?~ck=ln&~tab=2&c=us&l=en&lnki=0&s=gen

You'll see ship date, start/end of warranty, etc.

Quality vendors, like Dell, operate under Federal Trade laws and are required to label any equipment sold as refurbished.

Message Edited by XPSM1530_owner on 08-13-2008 09:24 PM

7 Posts

January 31st, 2014 08:00

i have the same question.................

i bought it from the local shop in Pakistan............................He claimed that my laptop is new......but now when i am using it....it's pretty bad in quality compared to dell laptops i have used before....how can i know if it is new or refurbished one?

2.4K Posts

January 31st, 2015 07:00

I am not exactly sure you can tell from the Support page anymore. My Alienware M!!xR2 used to say refurbished when I looked it up on the support page, but now it does not say that. It looks like a regular computer on the website and I  know it is refurbished. When I received it from the Dell Outlet it had a green refurbished sticker on the bottom of it and still has that for I never removed it.

January 31st, 2015 07:00

where did you buy it from irtiza? I have the same issue. cant confirm whether it's brand new or refurbished. I got it from techno city Karachi. went on to dell's website to confirm but couldn't find the answer

1 Message

August 24th, 2017 11:00

I have purchased a Dell laptop S/N-JD140C2, is it refurbished or not how will I check ??

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 24th, 2017 14:00

System was shipped in 9/16, so it's likely not fresh from Dell -- ask your reseller.

2 Posts

September 25th, 2017 00:00

dear all. the same problem I have faced. I have purchased 11 dell latitude laptops from Kabul Afghanistan, and tried to check the warranty in the dell support Warrant tab, but not received any information or received (no Information available). would you please just help me for only understand are these products original or refurbished.

No Events found!