Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2012 11:00

How to take my picture with my Dell webcam in the computer

I have a Dell Studio Laptop Computer.  I need to take a picture of myself and I don't know how to do that. 

Could someone please tell me how to take my picture with the intedgrated webcam in my computer ????

5 Posts

May 24th, 2013 14:00

Here's someone looking for help on the same problem I have..... and it's a year old with no reply.  I must say this "forum" is a zero!

2K Posts

May 24th, 2013 15:00

Hi brakker1,

Thank you for posting on Dell forum. We do our best to answer all the posts that come up on this forum however we might have missed it accidentally. Request you to try following the below steps:

(1) From the Webcam Central window, click the Snap Photos tab

(2) Configure settings by clicking the More Options button

(a) Click the Photo size box and select the size that you want

(b) Click the Self timer box to specify a fixed amount of time before the camera performs a task. To change the time, click this list box and click the time that you want.

(c) Click the Burst rate box and select the number of photos you want the camera to capture continuously when clicking the Snap button.

(3) Click the Snap button to capture a photo.

(4) Photos are saved as files in the media folder after capturing.

(5) To view photos captured today in the photo viewer, double-click the photo files displayed in the Captures panel.

If you have further questions do reply to the same thread.

5 Posts

May 24th, 2013 17:00

Thanks for the fast reply, Kiran.  Now if you will just tell me where the Webcam Central window can be found......?

I have a Dell Inspiron with indows 8.

2K Posts

May 27th, 2013 15:00

Hi brakker1,

Request you to follow the below steps:

(1) Click on the camera icon available in the main screen  or

(2) Move the pointer to the top right corner and click search.

(3) Type webcam and hit enter.

(4) On the left side webcam application will be available select it.

Do reply with your findings.

5 Posts

May 28th, 2013 10:00

Kiran,

Clicking the camera square just opened the camera  (picture of myself on screen).  Nothing on left side of screen to select except inset of webcam pic and inset of desktop.  No options.

When using search (for webcam) I get "No apps match your search".   Are these instructions for Windows 8?  

Just for the record I HATE Windows 8!

P.S.     I do not understand step 4 in the instructions.

2K Posts

May 29th, 2013 10:00

Hi brakker1,

The above answer indicates that the Webcam is working. However, to run the application you may either use Dell webcam central or Skype.

You may use the below link to download webcam central:

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Then run it in compatibility mode by following the below steps:

(1) Click on the above link and save it on the desktop.

(2) Then right click on the .exe file and select properties.

(3) Now select compatibility tab.

(4) Check “Run this program in compatibility mode for option” box.

(5) Now select Windows 7 in the below box.

(6) Click on apply and install the application.

This should help the issue. Do reply with your findings.

5 Posts

May 29th, 2013 13:00

Kiran,

I downloaded the file as directed, then right clicked on the downloaded file and selected properties.  There was

no compatibility tab.  

Why do we have Windows 7 involved?

2K Posts

May 29th, 2013 18:00

Hi brakker1,

Request you to try the below steps:

You may use the below link to download webcam central:

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Then run it in compatibility mode by following the below steps:

(1) Click on the above link and save it on the desktop.

(2) Now detect DW Central and double click on it.

(3) Click on setup.exe and extract the file to desktop.

(4) Now right click on the child file that gets created on the desktop after extracting and select properties.

(5) Click on compatibility mode.

(6) Now follow the steps mentioned by me in the above post.

We don’t have Dell webcam central software for Windows 8 hence we have to install it in compatibility mode.

5 Posts

May 31st, 2013 20:00

Apparently I am not doing something (anything?) right.  I cannot find any way to take a picture.  I never found any compatibility options nor DW Central.  The webcam still displays whatever it sees, but I see no way to take a snapshot.  

2K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 17:00

Hi brakker1,

Request you to send me the system service tag via private message. I will check and see what can be done.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2013 06:00

Salut!

Pour solutionner ton problème: tape plutôt "caméra" et non "webcam" dans l'onglet rechercher ;).
Enjoy!

Laurent

June 23rd, 2014 09:00

How do i get to webcam central if i have Windows 7??

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

June 23rd, 2014 09:00

Hi pleasehelpme96,

Thank you for writing to us about your concern, if the webcam software is installed in your computer then you can access it by following the steps below.

Start > in search box type in Webcam and you will find the application. In case the webcam software was not installed in your computer please use the link here: http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe to download the webcam central.

I hope you find this useful.

1 Message

May 2nd, 2015 12:00

Hi all

I am unable to take a pic from webcam.neither my friends can see my pic when speaking in skype.How to take pic from web cam..i am using dell inspiron , windows 8 and its less than 6 months..does software is expired on any other issue..please guide me...i can see web cam in my system

August 4th, 2015 18:00

will I was also wondering how to do a picture on my computer and I figured that if I want to take a picture I have to go to my settings on my computer that is located at the far bottom on the right and I think it should say picture or photos and then just click whatever that's there.

No Events found!