Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2009 20:00

How to use recovery partition on Studio 1555

I just bought a studio 1555 laptop and I am trying to reinstall the recovery drive to get it back to factory settings and I can't seem to do it.  The recovery partition is there I just don't know how to work it.  I've tried f8 and f11 and it doesn't give me any advanced boot options.  Am I doing something wrong to get this to work?  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

41 Posts

August 28th, 2009 08:00

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 30th, 2009 17:00

Did you do anything with the system that would have altered the partition table - such as add another operating system or partition, or attempt a manual install of Windows?

3 Posts

August 30th, 2009 17:00

Ya I tried that link already and f8 doesn't get me anywhere as I already stated in the original post.  I still haven't figured it out.

8 Posts

November 14th, 2009 04:00

I just bought a studio 1555 laptop and I am trying to reinstall the recovery drive to get it back to factory settings and I can't seem to do it.  The recovery partition is there I just don't know how to work it.  I've tried f8 and f11 and it doesn't give me any advanced boot options.  Am I doing something wrong to get this to work?  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

I also bought a Studio 1555 in October 2009  and I have done nothing to alter the partition tables. RECOVERY partition is on the disk but pressing F8(several times) after DELL logo appears does not trigger the recovery page. I have A7 BIOS. Dell must know that this problem has something to do with "BIOS/key timing/F8 key double assigment" and not with the user working with the laptop for a few weeks. I hope new BIOS release address this issue.

Regards

940 Posts

November 14th, 2009 11:00

Here are the directions that you need LINK

8 Posts

November 15th, 2009 01:00

Thanks for your link, but fortunately  I do not need yet to reinstall the software of my Studio. There are always workarounds to fix problems but , in this case, the problem should be solved by DELL making the F8-Recovery procedure works as defined on the provided documentation. What is the point of allocating a Recovery partition that only indirectly is used when you follow the steps (very time consuming and error prone) defined on the previous link instead of easily clicking the F8 key?.

Thanks again for your quick help.

No Events found!