Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2015 08:00

Inspirion 15Z Batterry never full charger!

I replace my battery 1 month ago and the battery never charge over 14%. The most critical is, when I'm not plugged in energy the system send me a message that I don't have any power in the battery. I check a lot forums problems about the same problem, solved with BIOS update but dell doesn't update for my model after 2013. How can I solve this?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 22nd, 2015 10:00

Hi tianeca,

Please calibrate a laptop battery using the link below to check if it fixes the issue with the battery.

http://dell.to/1IunoJ4

6 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 08:00

Hi Ravi. Have other way to does the calibration? Because I don't know if you check but my notebook model has the battery in side. Then I need open the notebook to do that... open keyboard etc.

Thank's

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 28th, 2015 14:00

Hi tianeca,

I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.

2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.

3. On the System Setup screen, press the key.

4. Press the key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 28th, 2015 15:00

While in setup, make sure the system recognizes the AC adapter - if it shows "unknown", the battery will not charge.

6 Posts

June 29th, 2015 09:00

Hi Ravi, I did... and nothing change. My bios say about: "This battery is performing normally".
My A/C Adapter is connected and the windows still saying 14% and charging.

The DELL Test say the same, the battery is ok.

The most "strange" for me is when a keep of the A/C Adapter, my machine turn off like did not have any battery.

Waiting for some help....

Thank's

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 29th, 2015 10:00

If the replacement battery came from Dell, it has a 12-month warranty - call and have it replaced.

If the battery came from another vendor, check your sales terms/warranty - if there's a warranty, have the battery replaced.

If the replacement battery does the same as this one, it's likely indicative of a faulty system board.

6 Posts

June 29th, 2015 13:00

Hi ENJ63
This is the third battery and the 3 were tested in front of me on another machine working well!!! Is not the battery or AC Adapter problem and if I have a fault in the system board why my bios send me the message like Battery OK?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 29th, 2015 16:00

That means the circuit that monitors the battery is OK.  If you've already tried multiple Dell OEM batteries to no effect, and the system cuts off when AC power is disconnected, it's the mainboard that's faulty.

6 Posts

June 30th, 2015 08:00

Ok... then.. if is this my problem... I don't have a solution :(

No Events found!