Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2016 02:00

Inspiron 15 3552 (N3050) screen brightness keys do not work (Win10)

Hi there

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3552. The laptop came with Linux but I recently used a windows license I have to install Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything works fine except one thing:

The brightness buttons do not seem to work. I checked in power settings where there is a slider for brightness and the bar alters the brightness when I drag it with the mouse. Also in Windows Mobility Center, there is a similar bar that can change brightness with the mouse successfully. I tried booting to BIOS (F2) and the brightness keys there seems to work so the problem seems to be only in Windows.

Windows 10 found all the drivers for the laptop but I installed the display driver that I found using the Service Tag. I didn't install anything else.I also tried uninstalling the intel drivers and use the default Microsoft ones, but the buttons were 'dead' again.

To install windows I changed Boot Option to Legacy (From UEFI) and disabled Fast Boot.. All other Fn keys (like audio for example) seem to work.

I would like to have the keys working since this is an important feature for a laptop.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I also found this driver in intel page that ends with the same 4-digit version as the one downloaded from dell, but all other numbers are different. Not sure if it is the same or not to give it a try.

3 Posts

August 12th, 2016 04:00

It was the quickset application. Once installed, everything works as it should.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2017 10:00

I have the same issue but I don't understand your reply.  How did the quickset application cause/fix this issue?

3 Posts

September 4th, 2017 03:00

The quickset application is required for the keys to work properly in Windows.

October 3rd, 2017 21:00

not working on dell inspiron 3552

No Events found!