Highlighted
lmlandis
Bronze

Inspiron 1525 freezes

I bought a brand new Inspiron 1525 and had nothing but problems with it from the moment I turned it on.  It would randomly freeze up.  This happened a few times a day.  After talking with three different Dell support technicians, I was so frustrated that I decided to just return it and get a replacement.  I only had it for about three days.  I ordered the same exact computer again and have had it for about a week now.  It's frozen up four times in the last week (three times today!).  I don't know what the deal is.  This is my second computer with the same exact problem.  Am I the only one experiencing this issue?  I can't link the freezing up to any particular action.  It's completely random.  I don't get any error messages or any type of warning; the screen freezes and nothing responds... the cursor won't move, the clock stops, the whole thing just gets stuck.  I've tried CTRL+ALT+DELETE, but to no avail.  I eventually end up holding down the power button until it shuts off and then restart it and I completely lose whatever I was working on.  It seems to work normally after it's restarted.  However today, it's been freezing up almost continually.  I just had it on for about 5 minutes before it froze up for the third time today.  Any ideas? 

Inspiron 1525

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  T7250 @ 2.00 GHz

2.99 GB RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium

0 Kudos
29 Replies
ejn63
Diamond

Re: Inspiron 1525 freezes

What software have you installed onto it since receiving it?

0 Kudos
lmlandis
Bronze

Not much...  Yahoo!Messenger and iTunes.  It doesn't seem to be related to my use of any program in particular though.  It seems completely random, seriously.

0 Kudos
ah1f
Silver

Try reloading the drivers especialy the chipset and video drivers.

0 Kudos
magedam
Silver

do you have a wireless connection ? when computer freezes were you using any internet activities ? messengers ? windows update ?

0 Kudos
AC Milan
Bronze

Man I have Inspiron 1521 and I have the same problem ... the laptop freezes ... 5-6-10 times a day ...

I have AMD dual core 2.0, 2 gb ram, Vista...

If someone can help me I'll apreciate that.

Thanx

0 Kudos
lmlandis
Bronze

Yes, I have a wireless connection; and no, I was not using any specific program or activity.  It's always different.  However, it has not frozen since I posted that message that it had frozen three times that day.  Weird...

0 Kudos
AC Milan
Bronze

Weird, since I posted here my laptop freezed just once.

I think its something with the wireless card or something, because when I switched it off the freezing think is more rare ...

0 Kudos
shanmart08
Bronze

My 1525 is doing the same thing... It will freeze at random times...when i move it, when its starting up, when its online, when its doing nothing...beforewindows even starts..... It is really annoying. I am planning on sending it back to dell. Hopefully they can fix whatever the heck is wrong with it... I am a computer tech and i cant even figure out whats wrong.
0 Kudos
AC Milan
Bronze

Shanmart08, if they give you some explanation please post it here, because I can't sent the Laptop to them because i'm in Europe and I bought it from USA so it will take a long time and probable money ...

0 Kudos