Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2009 23:00

Inspiron 1525 stays forever in the "logging off..." screen

No matter how many times i restart the labtop, it will first go black screen with dell log, then "resuming windows", then goes to the "logging off.." screen and stays there FOREVER. I tried to use both battery or AC power but they are just the same. I can adjust the lightness of screen using my keyboard but I cant see my mouse pointer anywhere on the screen so i cant click on anything. Anyone know what should and i could i do? THANKS HEAPS!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 4th, 2009 23:00

greendays00,

Did this just start to happen? If so, did you try using System Restore and go back to the day when it didn't happen?

Add anything new like software, hardware or update anything?

You could try start, all programs, accessories and right click on the command prompt and left click run as administrator. This will bring up another window. Type

chkdsk /r          (space between the k and /)

Hit enter. Answer with a Y and restart your computer. Then the computer will look for errors and repair them.

Let us know what happens.

Rick

July 5th, 2009 00:00

Thx so much Rick.

It just happened yesterday, i didnt instore or update anything. Everything was just normal when i shut it down for the last time.

SOrry but have no idea how to restore the system. And my window will not start, it hanged at the "logging off" screen and stuck there, so i surely could not run the command prompt.

Anything else that i can do?

Thx againZ!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 5th, 2009 01:00

greendays00,

Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds and the computer will shut off. Wait about 15 seconds, then turn the computer back on. You should see a screen with some prompts. You might see the system restore there. If you do not, then start the computer normally and log into an unrestricted account.

After the computer loads, then try...

Start all programs, accessories, system tools system restore. Click continue and wait, it's sometimes slow. If the restore date is not the correct one, then choose a different restore point. Select a date close to the time before this started, then follow the instructions. The computer will start doing a few things and then it will shutdown and restart. After you log back in and the system loads, it will tell you if it restored or not.

After it says the system restored correctly, then wait about 5 minutes and see if it shuts down correctly. If it doesn't then it could ba a possibility your computer might have some type of malware. I would then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and turn the computer off. Wait 15 seconds and power the computer on. After you log in, then download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update it and do a quick scan. If it finds anything, then go to DELL Malware Removal Forum, read the top post by bugbatter and follow the instructions. The volunteers there are highly qualified to help you there.

Rick

1 Message

December 3rd, 2011 02:00

I have just experienced this 'stuck in logging off' mode, stuck since yesterday lunchtime.  I have solved the problem on my computer by switching off, leave a gap of about 10-15 seconds and then restart but as soon as the computer jumps into life hit the Fn button and F12 at the same time.  You should then be offered 4 methods for restarting the computer.  Choose 1 Safe Mode.  I was taken to the desktop in safe mode so I then went to the Start button and hit Restart.  Lo & behold I am back up and running but it was scary.

Hope this helps.

1 Message

March 11th, 2013 03:00

Thanxx So Much Bro I was Jus Stuck.

No Events found!