Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2010 17:00

Inspiron 1545, won't turn on or charge

My Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop just stopped working. When I press the power button, the light turns on and I hear the fans run for two seconds, and then everything just shuts off.  When I plug in the laptop, the charging light doesn't go on. Brought to geek squad, they tested charger and said charger was not working. They then tried a new charger with the laptop, and the laptop still didn't work. Same thing happens every time....light and fans turn on for two seconds, and then just turns off.  they said it was probably the power source and to just buy a new computer.  Help me please, I need my laptop.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 22nd, 2010 17:00

Remove the battery, and try again.  If it powers up, the battery is faulty.  If not, remove the battery, unplug and hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Try again.

If you still get nothing, reseat (remove and reinstall) both memory modules.  If it won't power up thereafter, the mainboard is faulty.  If you're out of warranty, this is a $300-400 repair - a new system may be a better idea.

June 22nd, 2010 18:00

I'm afraid the guy from bestbuy may be right. The motherboard on your computer needs to be replaced. I hope you still have warranty for it though.

http://xps-resource.blogspot.com

June 24th, 2012 22:00

Thats exactly what happend to mine . it still wont work . cal you tell me what happend since it was almost 2 years ago

1 Message

July 8th, 2012 18:00

Looking for a similar solution.  I'm afraid it's motherboard time if nobody has further suggestions.

1 Message

January 7th, 2014 08:00

In my case the issue was that the laptop would power off before getting to the operating system.

Through troubleshooting I found that I have a defective keyboard.  I have removed the old one and am using an external until my replacement comes in.  I hope this helps someone. . .

Thanks

No Events found!