Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2013 05:00

Inspiron 15R N5010 horizontal white lines on screen

Hi!

I have an Inspiron N5010 that shows horizontal white lines on the screen, usually only when i move the lid, but sometimes at all times. I already checked the connection to the LCD and it was fine, but it still show the white lines. Now I am wondering if I should buy only a new LCD cable or the entire screen?

Thanks,

LeMo93

803 Posts

July 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi LeMo93,

If you have already re-seated the LCD cable, it may be an issue with the video card or the LCD screen itself.

Connect an external desktop monitor to the laptop and switch the display on to the external monitor. Check if the horizontal white line is visible on the external monitor. If the line is visible on the external monitor, the issue is with the video card and the mother board needs to be replaced. However if the line is visible only on the LCD screen, then the LCD screen needs to be replaced.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2014 11:00

Hello,

I have the same problem but it has gotten to the point that moving the lid doesn't work anymore. I replaced the cable thinking that it had some bad connections from the lid being opened and closed. But it didn't work.

dachimp

No Events found!