Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2012 07:00

Inspiron 15R - N5110 - 8 Beeps On Startup - Blank White Screen

Hello there,

I am writing as I seem to be having a lot of problems with my Dell Laptop as of recent times and this one is the latest and greatest as I can't even start up the laptop.

On startup, the laptop screen goes immediately bright white and the body makes 8 beeps repeatedly.

I understand 8 beeps corresponds to an LCD failure, and I have tried the holding down the "D" key LCD test with no joy. My warranty expired on the 29th of September this year, so I don't think I'll be able to phone support and get them to pick it up and I have had to send it back before with motherboard and speaker problems before.

Is there anything I can do? Or will I have to shell out to extend the warranty on it?

The laptop has not been dropped and has been cared for over its lifetime in a padded bag!! 

I have all of the tools required to open the laptop up and have a look around if needs be, I'd just like some help or assistance please!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks,

Dave

943 Posts

October 19th, 2012 09:00

Hi

I would like to inform you 8 beeps indicate issues with the LCD screen.so I would suggest you to connect an external monitor with the system and press Fn+F1 to transfer the display. If it’s working fine then LCD has to be replaced.

For further help you can also refer to the below link:

http://dell.to/Pb2XLK

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

3.8K Posts

May 29th, 2013 03:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                  

No Events found!