Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2012 23:00

Inspiron 17R N7110 webcam software

Hi all I just had to reinstall my os now I'm having problems finding webcam software already tried Dell and know luck please help thanks

2.6K Posts

October 30th, 2012 00:00

Hello,

To download the latest version of Webcam Central for your Dell computer, perform the following steps:

1.      Visit www.support.dell.com
         Click My Account in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box provided. 
2.      Under the My Software section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)". 
3.      Click the check-box that agrees to the Terms and Conditions of the My Dell Downloads website and click Register System at the bottom of the page 
4.      At the My Download Locker page, click the registered system that corresponds with the computer you are downloading Webcam Central to. 
5.      Under the Title section, look for Dell Webcam Central. There may be more than one listing for this software title. 
6.      Select the listing with the latest version number in the Version column. Click the check-box under the Download column for this software, and at the bottom of              the page click Download Now. 
7.      Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 
8.      Once the Dell Webcam software is installed restart the computer.
You can also use webcam disk to re-install the webcam drivers on the computer and follow the onscreen instructions.

You may also refer to the following link to download the Dell Webcam Central: Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe
For more details please refer to the link mentioned below.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19448019.aspx

Please reply if you have any further questions.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 30th, 2012 10:00

cwgoodfellow,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

If your computer is under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support

Rick

October 30th, 2012 13:00

Hi Dell-Allan top portion of you post I tried when I tried to register it told me service tag was not supported not sure what that meant as soon as I try the links at the bottom I will let you knoe how I made out and thanks for your help

cwgoodfellow  

October 30th, 2012 13:00

HI Rick yes I did a reinstall and the only disk I had from Dell was the os disk so other drivers that where needed I got them from Dell all working fine just need software for webcam

Thanks

cwgoodfellow

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 30th, 2012 14:00

cwgoodfellow,

Did you install the Dell System Software and the chioset drivers first?

If you’re still having problems with Dell My  Downloads

Click on the blue, DELL-Roshan L on the next page, start conversation with and please provide Roshan with the following information.

1. System Service Tag.

2. Customer’s Contact Information:

• Name (First, Last)

• E-mail address

• Portal Password

• Country

• Language

• System type

• Operating System

• Browser Used & Version

3. Detailed Description of the Issue (screenshots if available).

Rick

October 30th, 2012 23:00

Hi Allan the link work great webcam working fine thanks you very much

cwgoodfellow

2.6K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 07:00

Hi Cwgoodfellow,

I am glad to be of help!

3.8K Posts

May 16th, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.      

No Events found!