Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 11th, 2017 04:00

Inspiron 17R SE (7720) - Remap action of Equalizer button

Is there any way to use this button for something else than MaxxAudio EQ? It's one of the 3 additional QuickSet (?) buttons.

Not only there are better apps, but only one of the setups gives natural sound (Music) and changing doesn't help.

But that's not an issue here. I would love to use it to start any other app/script, but there is not mapping apps that support them and even if they could (like SharpKeys) the button is probably seen as unknown...

Anyone managed to do it? Or is it impossible?

And no, I don't mean Shortcut key as I know that it can be easily mapped to any action.

• 

16.7K Posts

May 11th, 2017 09:00

ch3mn3y,

Unfortunately, My database does not provide any information on remapping the equalizer on systems.

19 Posts

May 11th, 2017 10:00

@Jesse L

I didn't mean whole Equalizer, but just this button. I thought that it may have an name which is sent to Windows after press.

Do You know if it has it's key in Windows registry or everything is made working through QuickSet app? If the former it may be remapped, not too easy, but possible, if latter, than there is no way other then recompile whole app...

Not sure if SharpKeys sees them as none of known is one of them, but there are many Unknown keys named 00_xx and E0_xx...

No Events found!