Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

5 Posts

September 26th, 2008 15:00

Inspiron 2200 Laptop - can battery recalibration be disabled?

I have an Inspiron 2200 laptop.  Everytime I switch it on I get a battery recalibration message at the boot screen, and cannot continue until hitting F1.  I have run the built-in recalibration tool numerous times, which always charges to 100% capacity and then discharges and switches off.  However the message still recurs at every switch on.

I figure the battery has probably had its day, but I don't really need to run it off the battery, and it runs fine off AC power.

Is there any way to disable the automatic battery recalibration message?  I've checked in the BIOS but cannot see any such option?

1 Message

June 17th, 2012 02:00

Deafening silence from Dell tech support.  Tried A07 bios update and it didn't help.

2 Posts

November 5th, 2012 16:00

I can still hear the silence....

I've got the same problem - A07 didn't cure it.  Other laptops (notebooks) have a work-around in the BIOS, so why is the 2200 such a problem?

Does anyone from Dell actually read these page...?  Perhaps one of them could tell us if it's impossible to cure...

Please....

1 Message

May 28th, 2013 08:00

Same here.  The BIOS (in A03, A06 and A07) does not offer any option to turn it off.  I have gone through the process a few time and get a message that the battery is good but when I reboot it starts the calibration all over again.  How do you turn it off?

1 Message

April 12th, 2015 18:00

You'd expect a company the size of dell to have answers and sort things out,  but after several years they've still left this, and many many other questions, unanswered,  and can't even find the time (or interest) to delete old messages with no answer lol

5.2K Posts

April 12th, 2015 23:00

This program is run by a battery driver. Go to the Device Manager and uninstall the driver.

No Events found!