Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

D

July 5th, 2007 07:00

Inspiron 5150 starts with no video

hello everybody

i have an inspiron 5150 that was bought way back in 2003, warranty is long gone so nothing i can do there,

anyway a month ago when i turned it on, there was no display, computer was on though, lights and sounds were normal, just no display.

it has always been doing this i thought it was a loose connection problem, i opened it up, checked all the connections, they were all fine, vid card connection was fine too, i don't think its heat because every few months i open it up and remove the dust thats gathered in front of the radiator, it keeps my laptop cool and the chip temps are fine

2 or 3 times the display did work and i could use my comp, i used those times to backup my stuff so i can reformat, but the next time i start it, same thing, no display

i thought it was the screen problem at first, but i'm starting to think its a video card problem

i have never done tv-out on my laptop before, but i have on my desktop, both of em have and s-video slot. with my desktop i just connect the cable to the tv and it works under video 1, but when i did it with the laptop nothing happened. i also tried hooking up an extra monitor with the vga connection it has, still nothing.

i can easily order the replacement parts online, but i don't want to order something that already works

i haven't installed anything new on the comp, i only use it for typing papers and music and i don't connect it to the internet, total hardware problem, i know about the design flaws in this model, thats why i open it up and clean the dust out of it

anyway to help me solve or properly diagnose this problem would be great

thanks for your time, i know its a lot to read

Message Edited by Dude_McDude on 07-05-2007 03:55 AM
No Responses!
No Events found!