Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

F

21 Posts

January 14th, 2008 16:00

Inspiron 6000 SD card reader not working.

Hi. I have an Inspiron 6000 with windows xp. My card reader has recently decided not to work but has worked marvelously in the past. When I insert my card, it either comes up that the card is not formatted or just does not autoplay. I get several different error messages depending on it's mood such as: The disk in Drive E is not formatted. Do you want to format it now? (I don't) and Windows Delayed Write Failed. Windows was unable to save all the data for the file E: The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere. I do not know where these came from or why the problem started. Like I said, I had no issues with it before and this just started happening. I did not change any hardware settings. Please help!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

January 14th, 2008 17:00

Try the card in your camera or other device to check it for damage. If you can try another card in the 6000, do that and see if you get the same message. Reboot the computer and see if all the drives show up in Windows Explorer.

21 Posts

January 14th, 2008 18:00

The card still works in my camera and other cards do not work in the computer. The device manager says that everything is working properly.

14.4K Posts

January 14th, 2008 21:00

out of interest what capacity is the card?

21 Posts

January 14th, 2008 22:00

I have a 128mb and a 256mb.
No Events found!