Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2005 21:00

Inspiron 8100 lost power!!

start from two weeks ago, battery is totally gone, but I still have to insert the dead battery to boot the computer, otherwise no power at all.

Then yesterday, no matter I uase battery or not, computer willn't boot at all. What could be the problem?

thanks

4.2K Posts

September 5th, 2005 21:00

Hi,

There is a batery charger card under the keyboard ( and video card ) it may need a reseat or replacement. You can find a service manual at the product support tab above. If not this card you may need a MBD.

Regards Chris

2 Posts

September 10th, 2005 17:00

I had a similar problem with my 8100, at first the computer would just shut off if moved a certain way, then it wouldn't start unless you sort of bent the corner down, and now the power will not charge the battery or even work period.  I am not sure what to do with it! 

Just thought I would post another problem!

4.2K Posts

September 10th, 2005 20:00

Hi,

If it isn't working, you have nothing to lose. Take it apart and and reseat everything. They are a big machine, and flex a lot. Things come loose. It may need a MBD if a reseat doesn't fix it. I have seen a few similar machines that hang when you pick them up at diagonal corners, but only one way not the other. You could also run the Diags, and see if they find anything.

Regards Chris     

2 Posts

September 11th, 2005 23:00

I fixed it, after tearing everything apart and got to the video card, I took out two screws and then found that the battery charger board was loose and not really even seated.  I disassembled it anyhow just to blow the dust and debris out of it, then reseated it and everything seems to be working now.  Thanks,  Jaybyrdd

3 Posts

September 12th, 2005 01:00

Hi, jaybyrdd

Thank you for your information. Can you boot your computer without battery before you fix the problem?
My problem is no matter I use battery or not, or how I adjust the power cord, the computer just willn't boot.

thanks

No Events found!