Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

October 28th, 2008 15:00

Inspiron 9400 to Vizio LCD with HDMI

I am trying to hook my laptop up to a Vizio LCD TV through HDMI, I am getting no signal.

I have tried to extend my video to the TV with no luck, just says there is no signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Bo b

984 Posts

October 28th, 2008 15:00

The only TV-out socket on the Inspiron 9400 is a mini-DIN connector according to the Owner's Manual. If your Inspiron 9400 does not have a HDMI output connector, what kind of cable are you using to connect the laptop to the TV?

Update: I have found that there are versions of the Inspiron 9400 with a DVI-D socket. In that case you would use a DVI to HDMI adapter and a HDMI to HDMI cable. The HDMI to HDMI cable needs to have very effective shielding to avoid corruption of the digital signal. Corruption can cause the problem you are experiencing.

Message Edited by Sofu on 10-29-2008 04:29 AM

3.6K Posts

October 28th, 2008 18:00

lawnman911tc,

I have my E1705 hooked to a 32" Vizio with DVI to DVI cable,and once connected select RGB as the input for the HDTV.Also have HDMI coming from box to back of TV.

October 28th, 2008 21:00

John

Sorry about that I have the DVI-D to HDMI cable, but it will not show up on my TV, just says no signal.

Thanx

984 Posts

October 28th, 2008 23:00

Some suggestions:

1. If you have the brand and model number of your DVI-D to HDMI converter cable and specifications (including details of cable shielding) please post here.

2. Try to connect your laptop to another TV with HDMI input.

3. Try to borrow another brand of DVI-D to HDMI converter cable and try it.

No Events found!