Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

June 29th, 2013 21:00

Inspiron M5010 - 7 beeps

Hello

I have a Inspiron M5010 lap top.  I have owned it for a couple of years and as I am reading I see that many individuals are having the same problem I am.  One morning going in to turn on my laptop and nothing would happen.  After lots of research and figuring out how to check, I heard the  7 beeps.   It appears to me that this is a problem that many people have been up against based on reading the blog in the community.  I am hoping that because so many individuals have been faced with this challenge, someone has a suggestion as to how to fix the computer.  Desperately seeking assistance so any advice or direction would be appreciated.  Thanks for your help

Joe

3.3K Posts

June 30th, 2013 05:00

Hi Joe,

I sincerely apologize for the technical troubles you have experienced with your Dell computer.

7 beeps indicate CPU Cache test failure; we need to replace the processor.

If the computer has active warranty I shall go ahead and arrange for a service to replace the part.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/10pMa86

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!