Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2011 11:00

Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook Factory Restore.

Hi everyone,

New to the forum & it appears this would be the best place to get some (much needed) help.

My sister has an Inspiron Mini 1012 Netbook (Windows 7 starter etc etc) and I need to action a Factory Reset.

My issue is, there doesn't appear to be any option for F8 when the netbook boots up.

I've googled the issue & it appears many people have had this issue.

I've tried the simple F8 & F10 options, along with FN + F8 &/or F10, Ctrl +F8 &/or F10 etc etc.

I'm at my wits end with this now as it doesn't appear to enter the recovery option with any of these functions.

There is definitely a recovery partition to the netbook, and the most annoying thing of all.......

I actually managed to restore to factory settings on this netbook no more than 6 months ago!!!

Please, please, please can somebody tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance & sorry for the rant.

Thanks

Barty1884

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 9th, 2011 11:00

Press F8 a few times after the POST completes but before Windows begins to load.

2 Posts

August 9th, 2011 12:00

Thank you so much ejn63! Didn't appreciate it was all about the exact timing.

Wait for Dell to load and hit F8 before Windows loads....seems so simple now.

Thanks again, much appreciated

1 Message

March 12th, 2013 17:00

The F8 function that you refered to in your answer did not work for my Dell 1012 Mini 9' Inspiron.  Is there any other solution to reset back to factory settings?  Please Help

1.8K Posts

March 12th, 2013 20:00

Hi Clara Voyant, 

Please share the operating system installed. 

Do you get any error message when you try to access F8 options?

To restore your computer to default factory settings, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/Wj1rZe 

Select the operating system and follow the prompts on screen. Factory image restore will lead to data (pictures, documents, programs, music) loss. Please perform a data backup prior to this step. Please disconnect any external peripherals (printer, scanner or any USB device) as well. 

Do reply for further clarifications. 

No Events found!