Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2011 05:00

Inspiron N5010 monitor on win 7

I just got this laptop and all seems nice ,but the screen contrast and brightness are bugging me.I looked for tutorials on the site for windows 7 here but seems they were to lazy to make one i guess.So dose anyone know how to set contrast and brightness on this thing please?

1 Message

November 26th, 2011 07:00

So the first thing you need to know is that eventually, you will not be able to lower the contrast on this computer, it's a common problem that dell hasn't seemed to fix yet, but in the meantime, before your screen just gets brighter and brighter each day, you can change the brightness with the F4 and F5 keys, to change the contrast and gamma and everything else, right click the desktop, select graphic properties, and in the intel device manager click 'color enhancement' from the list on the left, there you will be able to change the contrast, which can only be changed through the software, therin lies the problem you will soon face when the software fails and you can't lower it anymore.

I've heard that there is a fix with a driver, but since Dell makes it uber hard to find drivers for their systems, I'm still searching. Good luck!

No Events found!