Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 7th, 2013 08:00

Inspiron N5050 error code 2000-0142

Hi, I purchased a Dell Inspiron N5050 6 months ago and it's been working fine until today.

The problem is that Windows 7 does not start properly.

Starting in normal mode, safe mode or last known good configuration does not work.

Pressing F12 on startup leads to the error code: 2000-0142 with validation 75268.

I understand this indicates a hard-drive issue.

What should I do? I want to keep all the files saved the PC.

Thanks

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

February 7th, 2013 09:00

Service Tag and Serial Number are one and the same.  It will also show this in the F2 CMOS Setup screen even if there is no hard drive in the system.

1.8K Posts

Hi richard1066,

It appears to be an issue with system hard drive and need replacement. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. 

Please reply with information. 

1.8K Posts

Hi richard1066,

Service tag is a 5 - 7 digit alpha numeric code and is a unique identification of a Dell system. You may find it on bottom panel of laptop. For Latitude LM systems, the Service Tag is located under the plastic cover on the rear of the system, next to the docking station connector. For more information on Service Tag, you may refer to link: http://dell.to/tCnKy7

If the system is under warranty, you may private message me the service tag and contact details so that I can find out the possible options for the computer repairs. 

Please reply with information. 

Thanks for your response

What is the system's Service Tag?

Alternatively, should I just take the laptop back to the shop I bought it from

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 21st, 2014 17:00

If you see a 2000-0142 error, your hard drive has failed.

If your system is under warranty, contact Dell and they'll replace the drive.

If the system is out of warranty, you will need a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2014 17:00

I have the same computer and same issue, can you please help me?

No Events found!