Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2011 01:00

Inspiron N5110 integrated webcam not working

I bought Inspiron N5110 last week. Right from the first day, I could not use the integrated webcam with Dell Webcam central or with skype software. when I open Dell webcam central, it displays this message at the bottom "No supported Webcam connected". Even in Skype, when I click on the Video, nothing shows up. I uninstalled and reinstalled dell webcam central, but no use. I also uninstalled the webcam driver from Device Manager -> Imaging devices and then reinstalled. But it's still the same. I also could not see any driver for webcam from my computer model in Dell website. driver support Any one has the same problem?

1 Message

June 24th, 2011 09:00

I am having a similar problem but I think the issue might be with Dell Webcam Central.  I have uninstall and reinstalled the program, then also installed new updates for it.  I have disabled and enabled the device.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  I have updated the driver.  I have downloaded a new driver based on another forum's advice (a new version than the updates include).  Still nothing works.  However, I did have the camera working briefly at one stage tonight after one of my 'reinstalling the driver' moments.  Wasn't a lot of fun.  Spent a few hours on skype to my family (i recently moved interstate) attempting to fix it while seeing them and having them only hear me.

Any ideas?

Otherwise I'll be passing it onto Dell.  

1 Message

June 14th, 2011 00:00

I also have the same problem.. i tried to explore dell web site for a webcam driver for inspiron n5110, alot of links but no one useful.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 14th, 2011 11:00

Windows 7 should automatically have the correct Webcam driver, there is no extra driver needed.  Mansind when you uninstalled the webcam from device manager did Windows automatically detect it and reinstall it? When either of you try to access the webcam does the little LED to the left of the lense light up?

Other than that there isn't much more to do other than reimaging the system or having the LCD replaced.  If you two would like shoot me a private message with the service tag of your system, along with the shipping and email address, and phone number.  I can check to see if webcams shipped with the system and find out what the service options are.

TB

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2011 01:00

There are drivers for inspiron 5110.

driverswin.com/dell-inspiron-n5110-win7-xp-vista-driver-download

Windows automatically detects the webcam

17 Posts

June 23rd, 2011 02:00

go to device manager and see whether device is enabled or not. if yes then uninstall dell webcam soft and reinstall it with resource cd that came with your dell. if still problem persist contact dell person they will fix it.

1 Message

August 3rd, 2011 09:00

I am having a similar problem but I think the issue might be with Dell Webcam Central.  I have uninstall and reinstalled the program, then also installed new updates for it.  I have disabled and enabled the device.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  I have updated the driver.  I have downloaded a new driver based on another forum's advice (a new version than the updates include).  Still nothing works.  However, I did have the camera working briefly at one stage tonight after one of my 'reinstalling the driver' moments.  Wasn't a lot of fun.  Spent a few hours on skype to my family (i recently moved interstate) attempting to fix it while seeing them and having them only hear me.

Any ideas?

Otherwise I'll be passing it onto Dell.  

Hi, i had the same problem with my Inspiron N5110. I have win 7 64 bit and it automatically installed my webcam driver. That driver is ok. The webcam software was the main problem. I've found this sw "Dell Webcam Central" on this link .  It works great with webcam driver installed automatically from windows on my laptop.

11 Posts

October 1st, 2011 13:00

hey were u able to get this sorted?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 1st, 2011 14:00

wajiha,

I replied to your other thread. Please follow the procedure at...

Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Rick

11 Posts

October 6th, 2011 11:00

sorry Rick, this is what it shows:

11 Posts

It says Webcam:VDP Source

and below it says video source isnt delivering the stream in the correct format

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

wajiha,

PrntScr to Paint(I use IrfanView so I can edit), then save it as a jpeg.

Click on thelittle picture icon, then upload from your computer.

No as simple as PrntScr, then paste to an email.

What was lised in imaging devices?

Rick

11 Posts

this is what shows in the device manager section under imaging devices

and the "facap,FastAccess.." thing is always disabled whenever windows starts. So i was wondering maybe the problem is with the driver for the webcam.

The other thing is that if i uninstall this facap, FastAccess thing, and then scan for any hardware changes it doesnt show anything.

You think you can help me figure out where the problem is??

Thanks

11 Posts

this is what it shows

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

wajiha,

Sorry I see no image.

If you open Skype, click on tools, options, video settings. Above the webcam you'll see a dropdown menu.

Select the proper webcam and see if you get a picture.

Can you see anything wihen you Test Webcam ?

Rick

11 Posts

sorry, i dont know y i cant paste the print screen thing. in skype it just says VDP source, there is no drop down thing

No Events found!