Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2012 11:00

KM632 Wireless keyboard disabling number lock

Hi

I recently purchased the wireless keyboard and mouse combo with my new laptop. I am running Win7. I would like to use the numeric keypad to control the cursor keys. I tried toggling the number lock function on the on screen keyboard, but it although the OSK toggles, the keypad stays in num lock mode. Any suggestions?

I'm real old school when it comes to moving my cursor around and using the shortcut keys with the numeric keypad.

Thanks.

1.8K Posts

October 1st, 2012 12:00

Hi Suebe53,

You can use the numeric keypad of your keyboard to navigate the cursor on screen using the 'Mouse keys'. MouseKeys enable you to use the numeric keypad to control the movement of the mouse pointer.

Click on Windows logo on desktop -- > Control Panel -- > All Control Panel Items -- > Ease of Access Center -- > Make the keyboard easier to use -- > Check box to turn on mouse keys and click on ‘set up mouse keys’.

Set up the settings as per your convenience. As an example, image is shown below:

Top speed and acceleration can be adjusted as per your convenience, rest of the settings need to be enabled.

Click on Apply >> Click OK >>Restart your computer.

For more information, you can refer to link: http://bit.ly/ShbtKb

Please reply in case you have further questions.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 1st, 2012 13:00

suebe53

As you have a laptop, the best forum to post this in, is the Laptop forum, I am moving the thread to it.

Bev.

4.4K Posts

May 18th, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.            

No Events found!